Top Current Affairs for Government Jobs Preparation 10 August 2017
Image result for current affairs
1. Indian-origin actor Dev Patel is among nine people to be honored with the ‘Asia Society Game Changers Award’ by a leading educational organization for making a “transformative and positive” for the future of Asia and the world.
British actor of Indian origin, Dev Patel, is among the nine celebrities who will be honored with ‘Asia Society Game Changers Award’, a top educational organization working for ‘transformational and positive’ work for the future of Asia and the world.
2. The Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh released a book on the noted writer and journalist Khushwant Singh titled ‘Khushwant Singh: In Wisdom and in Jest’.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh released the book ‘Khushwant Singh: In Wisdom and In Jest’, written by noted author and journalist Khushwant Singh.
3. Over 100 delegates from 10 ASEAN countries will participate in the India-ASEAN Youth Summit to be held in Bhopal from August 14-19.
The India-ASEAN Youth Conference will be held this year between August 14 and August 19 in Bhopal, with more than 100 representatives from 10 ASEAN countries.
4. Australian Olympic icon Betty Cuthbert died. She was 79
Australia’s great Olympian Batty Cuthbert passed away. She was 79 years old.
5. Ma Huateng, Chairman of Chinese internet giant Tencent, became China’s richest man after overtaking e-commerce major Alibaba’s founder Jack Ma.
Ma Hu Heteng, chairman of the Chinese Internet company tensent, became the richest person in China after e-mails chief Alibaba’s founder Jack Ma.
6. Anny Divya became the youngest female commander of a Boeing 777 in India and in the world.
Annie Divya became the youngest female commander of Boeing 777 in India and the world.
7. Firoz Merchant, an Indian businessman in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), who has spent over USD 4 million to help free prisoners languishing in jails, due to non-payment of debts, the UAE’s respectable Community Service Medal
Feroze Merchant, an Indian businessman who spent more than $ 40 million to help release prisoners languishing in jails, was rewarded with the prestigious Community Service Medal of the UAE, due to non-payment of debt in the UAE. .
8. India’s Ravindra Jadeja edged out Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan to claim top-rank among all-rounders as well as the latest ICC ranking rankings in the bowler’s chart in top position.
Ravindra Jadeja of India has outstriped Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh and has reached the top of the all-rounders list in the ICC, while he has retained his number one spot in the bowlers’ list.
9. Indian-American Dilip Chauhan has been appointed as Deputy Comptroller for Minority Affairs in Nassau County.
Indian American Dilip Chauhan was appointed deputy superintendent of minority affairs in Nassau County.
10. Two Iranian companies have signed the country’s biggest-ever car deal with French multinational automobile manufacturer Group Renault to produce 150,000 cars, beginning in 2018.
Two Iranian companies signed the country’s largest car deal to produce 150,000 cars in 2018, along with French multinational automaker manufacturer Group Renault.