Latest Current Affairs – Current Affairs March 07th 2018
Daily Current Affairs March 7
Have complete information about National News by reading below Current Affairs March 7
Biplab Kumar Deb to be sworn in as Tripura CM on Friday.
- Former RSS volunteer and gym instructor Biplab Kumar Deb was elected as the leader of the Tripura House by the BJP legislature party.
- He will be sworn in with PM Narendra Modi being present as the 10th chief minister of the state.
- The BJP legislators also elected party’s tribal leader and a scion of the royal family, Jishnu Dev Varma, as the deputy chief minister.
- Soon after their election, Deb and Dev Varma drove to Raj Bhavan where they staked claim to form the government before governor Tathagata Roy.
Multilateral naval exercise begins in Andamans.
- The Indian Navy on Tuesday began an eight-day-long mega naval exercise along with leading maritime at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The biennial exercise Milan is taking place in the backdrop of the imposition of a state of emergency in the Maldives and Sri Lanka.
- Indian Navy officials said 28 warships including 17 from India and 11 from Australia are participating in the exercise.
- The Indian warships participating in the exercise include 11 ships of Andaman and Nicobar Command and six ships of the Eastern Fleet.
India takes note as Pak PM visits Nepal with China on the mind.
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi pushed for reviving SAARC, stepping up bilateral ties and praised Chinese President Xi Jinping’s.
- Some experts said a stand-alone bilateral visit by a Pakistani Prime Minister, a rare occurrence, reinforces the point that Nepal is looking for new partners.
- An Indian official said the visit could be of some importance because Nepal is the current chair of the SAARC.
March 31 Aadhaar linking deadline may be extended.
- The Centre on Tuesday indicated to the Supreme Court it was open to the idea of extending the March 31 deadline for linking of Aadhaar with bank accounts.
- Venugopal said the Centre might extend the deadline after the petitioners demanded an extension, saying the case may not be decided before March 31.
- Senior advocate Arvind Datar, another counsel for the petitioners, made the request again when Venugopal arrived in court post-lunch.
Rahul Gandhi set to visit Singapore, Malaysia.
- Congress president Rahul Gandhi will travel to Singapore and Malaysia on a three-day visit this week.
- In both the countries, he will have interactive sessions with students on the lines of the one he had at UC Berkeley in the US.
- The Congress believes Rahul’s interaction with students of Berkeley was received well in India.
- In Singapore, he will have a similar interaction with students of a premier public policy institute.
2-by-2 talks: India to seek an upgrade in US defence ties.
- India is trying to get faster access to dual-use (civilian and defence) and defence technologies from the US.
- It will push for an upgradation in its status in the so-called Strategic Trade Authorization or STA license exemption regime in the April 18 meeting with the US.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman will be meeting their US counterparts.
- India as of now is in Tier II, a group of eight countries that includes Albania, Malta and South Africa.
Latest International Current Affairs March 7 Updates from around the globe.
India’s win at ICJ reflected UK’s lower global standing.
- India’s Dalveer Bhandari was elected against Britain’s Christopher Greenwood, resulting in the UK in the court at The Hague for the first time since it was created in 1946.
- Ian Murray said we heard a number of possible reasons for the UK’s failure from ministers and former UK diplomats to the UN.
Korea agree to hold summit talks at the border in April.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has agreed to hold a landmark summit meeting with South Korea’s president next month.
- Chung Eui-Yong, South Korea’s presidential national security director, said the two Koreas agreed to hold their third-ever summit.
- Chung led a 10-member South Korean delegation that met with Kim during a two-day visit to Pyongyang.
Japan’s navy appoints the first woman to command warship squadron.
- Japan’s navy on Tuesday appointed the first woman to command a warship squadron, including the flagship Izumo helicopter carrier.
- Ryoko Azuma will command four ships with a combined crew of 1,000, of which only 30 are women.
- When she joined the MSDF in 1996 women were barred from serving on warships.
- By 2030, the SDF plans to increase the combined number of women serving in the air-sea and ground forces to 9 percent.
Check out the latest trending business Current Affairs March 7 updates by reading the news.
Netflix adds new features to parental control.
- Netflix Inc is rolling out features that will give parents more control over access to content by allowing them to block individual movies.
- Users can currently restrict content with only a specific maturity rating by using a numeric password.
- Netflix already allows PIN protection for mature content, but this added feature will give more control over content.
Zomato, Swiggy gets $700m investment, restaurant sector $843m.
- PE and VC investors infused $843 million in the restaurant segment, including in categories such as quick service, casual dining.
- Zomato and Swiggy were mere $143 million less than what was invested in the country’s organised restaurant.
- Over the same period, Zomato and Swiggy received around $700 million.
Google Areo services now available in Pune.
- Google’s Areo app is now available in Pune. With this expansion, Google Areo now operates in five cities including Gurugram, Delhi, Bengaluru, and Mumbai.
- First launched in April 2017, Google Areo allows users to order for services available within their location.
- These services include food delivery, beauticians, plumbers, fitness expert, among others.
- Google Areo is available for download from Play Store.
Current Affairs March 7 is bringing you with Records, titles and other updates from the world of sports.
Fiorentina, Cagliari retire number 13 shirt in memory of Davide Astori.
- Fiorentina and Cagliari will retire the number 13 shirt worn by defender Davide Astori.
- After the Italy international died of a sudden illness over the weekend at the age of 31.
- Astori, who made 289 Serie A appearances in 10 seasons and played 14 times for the national team, joined Fiorentina on loan in 2015.
- The club signed him outright one year later and he went on to become their captain.
Indian women’s football league to kick off on March 25.
- Defending champions Eastern Sporting Union will take on Indira Gandhi Academy for Sports & Education on an opening day.
- It will take on the team on the opening day of the 2nd edition of the Hero Indian Women’s League in Shillong on March 25.
- The tournament will have seven teams who face each other once with the top four teams.
- The semi-finals to be played on April 12. The final is slated for April 15.
- AIFF general secretary Kushal Das said that the development of women’s football remains a top priority.
Karnataka to meet India B in final of Deodhar Trophy.
- India A to enter the final of the Deodhar Trophy, where they will meet Shreyas Iyer led India B.
- A strong batting performance followed by Krishnappa Gowtham’s 4/52 helped Karnataka beat India A by 65 runs
- India B are in the finals having defeated India A in the opening game of the tournament.